Kewaunee County Board Chairman Ron Heuer gave a presentation at the January 20th board meeting to describe his plan for sustainable and cost effective manure management on dairy farms.
Download the presentation here.
The Kewaunee Country Star covered the event. Read the article here.
Key goals for Kewaunee County mentioned in the presentation:
- Establish a county initiative that would aggressively install on-farm manure treatment technology on all farms that are in excess of 200 animal units or are operating liquid manure operations no later than end of 2020
- Phase 1 (end of 2017)
- Treat the manure (digester and UF/RO) from 20,000 cows
- Focus – install manure treatment systems on those farms located in the most highly impacted townships
- Install minimum of 5 CAFO and 5 non-CAFO in time for Farm Tech Days – August 2017
- Reduce the number of manure spreading vehicles on the road by 40%
- Enable low-cost funding/loans for all farmers to participate in the program
Digested Organics is standing side-by-side with Kewaunee County administrators, DNR regulators, and most importantly farmers to ensure that the best technology available today is implemented as cost-effectively as possible.
Feel free to contact us if you’d like to learn more about our treatment solutions and how we are actively working throughout Wisconsin and the rest of the country to promote sustainable manure management.