Digested Organics has solutions for both small and large farms, in addition to sites that already have a digester. Our advanced filtration systems help turn manure or digested liquids into clean water and concentrated fertilizers. We can also process farm runoff or leachate to produce clean water and concentrated nutrients for land application. We specialize in manure filtration, water reclamation, and digestate management.
Reduce manure hauling & spreading costs
Minimize manure and digestate volumes
Grow your herd or increase digester throughput without adding more land
Compact, scalable, and modular designs for any size operation
Reduce odors, pathogens, and runoff
Spiral Brush Filter
- Remove 15-30% of phosphorus in manure, digestate, or lagoon effluent
- Screen manure or digestate to reduce build-up of solids in lagoons
- Eliminate clogging of irrigation nozzles by screening lagoon effluent
- Remove suspended solids prior to treatment with TSRO
Stainless Steel Ultrafiltration
- Remove 90+% phosphorus, ~50% total nitrogen, and 99.9+% pathogens from manure and digestate
- Concentrate phosphorus and organic nitrogen into 25% of original volume
- Create transparent UF permeate for irrigation, reuse as flush water or sand cleaning water, and application to growing crops as fertilizer
Two-Step Reverse Osmosis
- Reclaim 90+% of leachate/runoff and 50% of manure/digestate as clean water for animals to drink or to discharge
- Reduce lagoon storage requirements while concentrating nutrients into usable fertilizers
- Reduce freshwater consumption through beneficial reuse
Illustrated Process Flow Diagram for Farm or Digester
We typically use a screw-press, vibratory screen, or our Spiral Filter to remove large solids from manure and digestate prior to ultrafiltration.
We utilize our robust stainless steel ultrafiltration system to remove suspended solids, pathogens, phosphorus and organic nitrogen from manures and digestate, creating a high solids concentrate and transparent permeate (sometimes called tea-water).
The UF permeate is dewatered in our TSRO process. The extracted water is clean enough for animals to drink or for direct discharge, and the concentrate nutrients are an excellent nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer.
For redundancy, we use ultraviolet light to disinfect the water and polish it depending on its final use (such as by aeration).